Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Centerpiece DIY

An earlier post featured 12 Thanksgiving centerpieces that were meant to inspire. This first photo is the one that I chose as my inspiration, and the other photo is my finished product. Although I liked the idea of the candles, I wasn't able to find the right ones for the glass bottles that I'd chosen, so I improvised.




Now for the cost:

3 oil & vinegar cruets 4.00 each but I picked these bottles because I need them anyway. So the net cost for me is 0.

I filled the cruets with raisins, almonds, and pecans, all things that I have in my pantry and that will get eaten. So the net cost to me is 0.

Finally, the floral grasses. Had I been at my own home I know I would have been able to find something in my craft supplies, but since I'm wintering at my daughter's home, I purchased these and used only a few so we now have some supplies for a future DIY project.
The cost was 5:00.

Well there you have it, my DIY centerpiece inspired by an image I found off the internet.

Thanksgiving is just 2 days away! I send warm wishes to you for a day of thanks and appreciation for all that you have and all that is yet to come.

Sincerely, Sharon

3 comments:

  1. I like the results! BTW, I pinned your ideas on my Pintrest account under Decorating the House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I love re-purposing things and double purpose is even better.
    Thanks for the visit! You will be happy to know that I continued my search (in between chastising e-mails) and found a fitted sheet for $22 at Target. Free shipping, so it is on the way. Only 20" deep, but I will try it out for that price. But, I am thinking I will make one anyway ..... just because I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out great Sharon! I love finding inexpensive ways to be creative! XOXO

    ReplyDelete