Monday, December 3, 2012

Carrot Raisin Salad

It's been about 20 years since I've fixed this carrot raisin salad and I have to ask myself why. It is so good and simple to prepare. The reason could be because up until recently I had to hand grate my carrots, but now that I've upgraded to a food processor this step takes but a second to do. There are many variations, but I kept this real simple and  combined 2 cups of grated carrots, with a couple stalks of cropped celery and a large handful of raisin. That's it. The cropped celery gives it a nice crunch and the raisins add the sweetness.  If you haven't served this salad up recently, may I suggest you give it a try.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really yummy...going to try it for sure! Thanks Sharon...XOXO Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite snacks now. Good to have on hand all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. made this for my husband and I yesterday, it was yummie, had forgotten how tasty this really is, thanks for the reminder. M

    ReplyDelete