Monday, December 31, 2012

RESOLUTION- a firm decision to do or not to do something

The countdown begins. The new year is just hours away, 2013 here we come. Yeah, a new year, a time to reflect on 2012 and have hope for 2013. I love New Year resolutions, but before we talk about this years, how about revisiting the ones we made on January 1st, 2012. How'd you do? Each Jan 1 our family gets together and we make a collage of our hopes and resolutions for the year. We then post it where it can be seen throughout the year. I'm looking at mine now.

I wanted to:

1, enjoy being a grandma for the first time ( check),
2, eat healthier foods ( most of the time, and I do read all food labels now, so check)
3, start a hobby like gardening or photography ( haven't started these, but maybe blogging counts so check)
4, get into an exercise program ( check, going to CrossFit and loving it)
5, rebuild, (check, after a few stressful years I was looking to 2012 as a year to wrap up loose ends, close some needed chapters and move on to better things, done)
6, enjoy our family ( check )


Here is a list of some of the more common New Year Resolutions, is yours listed here? Leave a comment, I'd love to hear what you're resolving (or at least working toward) for 2013.

Drink Less Alcohol
Eat Healthy Food
Get a Better Education
Get a Better Job
Get Fit
Lose Weight
Manage Debt
Manage Stress
Quit Smoking
Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
Save Money
Take a Trip
Volunteer to Help Others

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

4 comments:

  1. to...reach or be within 10 lbs of my goal by my 50th b'day in May.
    to...spend some one on one time with each grandchild (I am even making a chart :)
    to...start my own website and sell some crochet hat/mitt/cowl sets

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great resolutions, and I can understand the need to use a chart with 10 grand kids! You're a great inspiration! Thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I have just loaded your blog into my Grow Your Blog post - so you are all set! Lets get you some more followers for your wonderful blog -- see you on the 19th!

    xoxo,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some counselling techniques such as CBT can be quite structured and encourage a focussed approach with an emphasis on bringing about change as quickly as possible. There are other equally useful counselling and therapy techniques which provide an opportunity for clients to explore what is going on at a deeper level within their emotional life. Visit Basingstoke Counselling website for more info.

    ReplyDelete