Thursday, January 31, 2013

Liebster Award


Thanks to Laurie over at http://111lalalane.blogspot.com for nominating me for the Liebster award.  I'm excited to participate.

Of course, there are rules to follow for the Liebster Award: 

1. You must post 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs & link them in your post.
5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster award so I can learn more about YOU!



11 things about myself.

I married  the paper boy 40 years ago.

I'm spending the winter in Alaska so that I can help out with our first and only, so far, grand baby

I spent the first 50 years in Washington State

I now call Prescott AZ my home

I drink decaf coffee now. Really, it's just not the same as ' a double shot breve latte'.

I'm a closet tree hugged. I still remember the day my husband chopped down a tree in our yard without consulting me.  Oh my I overreacted just a tad!

I'm on a bowling team with my son.

I love to go on nature hikes.

I could enhance any dish with a dollop of sour cream and be delighted.

I think 'the Biggest Loser' is motivating!

I was 30 when I had my first child.



Do you exercise and if so, which exercise do you prefer? 
   Yes, I currently do CrossFit and I love it. You get to do fun things that you forgot you could do like somersaults, bear crawls and jumping.

Do you prefer winter or summer?
    I like winter and the sports that go with it, but I'd have to say I prefer Summer. I love the smells, fresh mowed lawn of example.

What has been your favorite book to read?
   King James Bible

Which type music do you listen to?
  I usually listen to today's country.

If you could go back and meet your 20-year-old self, what one 
 piece of advice would you give her?
  Don't be scared, it all works out fine.

Have you ever visited any of the National Parks? If so, which one?
I've visited several, just not sure I  can remember them all, Mt Rainier, Olympic, North Cascade, Yellowstone, Denali, Kenai Fjords, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Redwood, Yosemite, Crater Lake.

Have you ever traveled outside the United States? If so, where?
Canada, Mexico,France, London, Denmark, Sweden

How do you spend your quiet time?
   Usually by myself and now I'm often blogging.

What is your favorite quote?
  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Which do you prefer, sunrises or sunsets?
  Sunrises

What is your favorite food? (Can you tell I’m hungry?)
 Sometimes you just need a good old fashioned hamburger and fries.


I have nominated,


Here are the questions for you:
-----------
What is your favorite Starbucks drink to order?
What is the longest you lived in one place and where?
What was the shortest time spent in one place and where?
What is your proudest moment (it can't be something your kids accomplished)
If you could give me one piece of advise what would that be?
How long have you been blogging?
How many cruises have you been on and to where?
Tell us one thing that's still on your bucket list.
Who ( still living) do you admire?
If you could be granted one wish, what would that be?
What is your favorite reality show and why?

Thanks again Laurie!

5 comments:

  1. Sharon, what fun it has been learning more about you. We have some things in common, I see. I love to travel, but sadly the only Natinal Park I've been to is Mt. Rainier. I also listen to country music and one of my favorite smells is freshly mown grass. Thank you for participating. Enjoy your stay in Alaska and Your new grand baby. Oh, visiting Alaska is also on my bucket list. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laurie: Thank you for nominating me. I'm sure quite sure I understand what I need to do though. :}

    Can you explain to me how it works?

    It's been fun learning more about you.

    thanks, denise :D
    http:tomorrowstreasurestoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, It's really very simple. Just follow the 5 steps at the beginning of this post.
      1- make a post & tell us 11things about yourself
      2-answer the questions I asked. The first one is 'what is your favorite Starbucks drink?'
      3-make a list of 11 questions to ask those you nominate
      4-nominate 11 bloggers and notify them ( leave them a comment on their latest post.)
      5- leave another comment here so I can check out your post.

      Have fun,
      Sharon ( your nominator)

      Delete
  3. Would love to participate! It will be the end of the week before I can get it together! Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just fine. Hope you have fun with this. Sharon

    ReplyDelete