Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Gluten Free BREAD


Doesn't a sandwich sound good. If you want an alternative to white flour and wheat (sensitivity to gluten-Wheat Belly)  you may want to try this bread recipe. It's sure to satify.

No preservative, no sugar, 7 ingredients and we can pronounce each one.

*Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a small loaf pan with waxed paper then coat paper with coconut oil.
* melt 4 T of coconut oil (or butter) in microwave set aside to cool
* crack 4 eggs in a blender and blend until frothy about 30 sec
* add coconut oil, 1/4 C coconut flour, 1/4 C tapioca flour, 1t apple cider vinegar, 1/2 t cream of tarter, 1/4 t baking soda
* blend until smooth, let sit for 1 minute to thicken
*Pour into loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes







Coconut flour is 100% Gluten Free and is packed with fiber!
Tapioca flour is also 100% Gluten Free

I enjoyed BLT's today. I haven't tried doubling the recipe to make a larger loaf so my sandwiches were pretty tiny. I just ate 3.

I found this recipe on the internet from a blog promoting Paleo but sorry, I don't remember which one.

If you try this let me know what you think. Do you have a good gluten free bread recipe that doesn't use almond flour? My family is a bit sensitive to almonds.

Give this bread a try, your body will thank you.
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment