Saturday, February 22, 2014

How to Prevent Slips, Trips, and Falls


My goal here at Fit and Healthy Baby Boomers is basically preventative medicine and prolonged wellness. In other words, what can we do to maintain and or improve our overall being.  I want to encourage each of us to make educated, sound decisions that will help us to be self sufficient. I personally want to stay out of the hospital, off prescription drugs, and away from the nursing home. I believe my best efforts to accomplish this is with the choices I make about the foods and drinks that go into my body along with keeping all body parts able to move and bear weight. I want to carry the groceries in the house, pick up the dog and walk to my grand child's graduation. In order to do these things I know I will need to exert my energy doing cardio, weight and mobility exercises.

Along this same note is the importance of keeping our spaces de-cluttered, safe and hazard free. With that said, the American Recall Center recently contacted me asking if I would post one of their recent articles. The title is How to Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls. I'm happy to link up with them. Just click below to get some great safety tips that will help reduce our risks of falling and the medical consequences that could follow.


http://www.recallcenter.com/prevent-slips-trips-falls/



Here's to our health.
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post and love the advice on the preventing falls. I have alittle problem myself and have to be careful when I walk anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The linked article is good, and being aware of surroundings at all times can make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete