Monday, March 31, 2014

a windy, foggy, rainy day... we crossed the bridge

Many people have bucket lists and I have my list too. Bungie jumping or deep sea diving are not on my list. My list is a lot milder. So far I've completed:
*skating on a frozen lake 
*jogging around Green Lake ( 3 miles) 
* walking across the Golden Gate Bridge

So last Saturday I had my opportunity. I was in San Francisco for 4 days and each day was beautiful except for the one day we planned to cross the bridge. But luckily I had a rain coat and hubby had an umbrella so we thought we were set.  We continued our walk to Sausalito and then took the ferry back to Pier 1. It's usually windy anyway so combine that with blowing rain and cold temperatures in spite of our gear we looked like drowned rats by the time we got back. 










The bridge was completed in 1937 and the first movie featuring scenes of the bridge was in 1941, The Maltese Falcon.
The bridge continues on the big screen in these movies.

Dark Passage 1947
It Came from Beneath the Sea 1955
Vertigo 1958
The Love Bug 1968
Herbie Rides Again 1974
The Domino Principle 1977
High Anxiety 1977
Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978
Superman 1978
A View to Kill 1985
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home 1986
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country 1991
Final Analysis 1992
Interview With A Vampire 1994
Murder in the First 1995
The Rock 1996
Homeward Bound II - Lost in San Francisco 1996
Boys and Girls 2000
The Core 2003
X-Men: The Last Stand 2006
Monsters vs Aliens 2009
Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus 2009
Star Trek 2009
Going the Distance 2010
Rise of the Planet Apes 2011

I count 26 movies. I've seen a few of these and I think it would be fun to watch them all. How about you, how many of these movies have you seen and do any titles sound worthy of a watch?



Our total walk that day was  5 miles. So I not only got to check one off the old bucket list I got in some exercise as well.

Here's to your health,
Sharon







2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a nice walk, too bad the weather was not the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun in spite of the weather. But when I got to Sausalito I was so wet that I had to purchase a dry shirt! Oh Well...

    ReplyDelete