Saturday, March 1, 2014

Kenai River

 I just returned from a trip to Kenai, Alaska. Here are some photos of the world famous Kenai River. It looks a lot different this time of year. If you're looking for the best Salmon ever, this is the place.

River Facts:

* The Kenai River is a long 82 mile glacier fed river.
* The World Record King Salmon was caught here in May 1985. This fish weighed 97 lb 4 oz!
* King fishing begins in May and runs until the end of July.
* More world records have come from the Kenai River then any other river in the world.
* My personal best was a 42 lb King!

















I also took a quick walk to the beach on the Cook Inlet, it was very windy and cold that day so didn't spend too much time there. Just long enough to get some photos



I love to see all these chunks of ice.


That's my son standing on a large chunk of ice.


3 comments:

  1. You brought us all back a piece of salmon, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW great pictures. My Hubby has always wanted to visit Alaska. Right now I just want warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are amazing! And if it involves salmon even better!

    ReplyDelete