Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Meet Pepper





The new addition to our family.

He's a 6 week old, 1 pound 7 ounces Shi Chi, that's a Shih Tzu and Chihuahua mix.  

My puppy priority or wish list had two items on it.

1)  Low Shedding
2) Small Size Poop, you know now we all have to scoop and I've had way too much experience scooping for those large dogs. Both my kids owned Pit Bulls and that was no fun, well the scooping anyway, the dogs were great.

It's been years and years since I've had a puppy and this one needs lots of training. He's already good with coming when you call his name so check that one off. The big issue is potty training. I really don't want one of those little dogs that go in the house even if it's on a potty pad.  I'm trying to crate train him. I've watched a couple You Tube segments and they are helpful. It's been about three days now and not sure he's catching on yet. I spend a lot of time outside. Thank goodness it's spring. 

It's really no surprise to anyone that pets help to keep us fit and healthy. Research shows that pets can fill a void in our lives. If you're an empty nesters a new pet could just do the trick, no pun intended ha ha... pets help to lower blood pressure, reduce depression, give us a purpose and improve our outlook on life and they get us out of the house exercising and socialization. If your pet has filled a space in your life I'd love to hear about it.                                           


and...I know there must be a lot of small dog owners in Blog World and if anyone has some helpful tips I'm all ears.

Here's to your health,
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a cutie! Good luck with your little bundle of joy.
    I have cats, although I have had dogs before too. I just lost a cat last week due to an attack by bull terriers (new neighbours) and another cat went missing a few days later and also got attacked but was operated today and is doing well.
    They do brighten my day with their different personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear I hope your cat is doing well. We have had cats for many years but none now. Pepper is keeping us busy. Thanks for commenting.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete