Thursday, April 3, 2014

Rowing for Health


When it comes to exercise, routine is the enemy. Change it up, play new sports, try new classes or exercises.  One exercise that works every major muscle group and gives you a good aerobic workout is the rowing machine.



Rowing is sweeping the fitness industry and for good reason. You do this for one hour and it burns 600 calories! I'll admit you're probably not gonna row non stop for an hour, but you could do 15 minutes a day and lose one pound or more a month. But lets remember it's not about your weight, it's about keeping your ticker beating, your muscles strong and your joints fluid.  If you choose a rower with a sliding seat you'll get a great upper and lower body workout. Rowing is natural and low impact so it puts less stain on your joints. 

Give it a try, your body will thank you.



4 comments:

  1. You right Sharon, rowing is a fabulous exercises! Long time ago I used to belong to a rowing club and it did keep me fit for long time. Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never rowed before, well until now, so I've gained a new respect for the sport.
    Thanks for the comment, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried rowing once and I got pain on one side of my back. I guess I did it wrong, but I don't know how to do it right. As you said, I though it was natural. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best tip would be to talk with the trainer and have him watch you row and check your form, he may have suggestions. Like anything proper technique is the key. Hope you give it another try.

    ReplyDelete