Sunday, May 25, 2014

Lone Survivor

  1. It's Sunday evening, the night before our Hero WOD. As I mentioned in my last post, we will be doing 'Murph' so named after Michael Murphy who died in action in 2005. There is a recent movie out telling the true story of 4 Navy SEALs and the mission that claimed 3 of their lives, Michael Murphy's, two of his team members, and the crew of the first rescue helicopter. As I watched and understood that this was the true account of how Murph died, it became very real and personal. I feel like I have a little bit of insight into Murph's personality and characture. So as I workout tomorrow I will give it my all in memory of the many who fight for us all. 



    Lone Survivor 
    2013 film
    Based on The New York Times bestselling true story of heroism, courage and survival, Lone Survivor tells the incredible tale of four Navy SEALs on a covert mission to neutralize a high-level al-Qaeda operative who are ambushed by the enemy in the mountains of Afghanistan. Faced with an impossible moral decision, the small band is isolated from help and surrounded by a much larger force of Taliban ready for war. As they confront unthinkable odds together, the four men find reserves of strength and resilience as they stay in the fight to the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment