Monday, June 2, 2014

Everyone Should Have One Of These.

Brought down the box of summer clothes the other day and came across this denim pencil skirt. I believe I've had this in my closet for at least 7 years. I guess this qualifies as one of those basic never out dated pieces. Everyone should have one of these. Anyway, they say everything goes with a denim skirt so I decided to put a couple outfits together and here they are. 





I like the white sweater best but here in Arizona even a light weight sweater can be too hot.

Linking up with Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style. I hope you'll click over and take a look at all the fashion pairing ideas. http://notdeadyetstyle.blogspot.com

If you have a favorite piece that you wear with your denim I'd love to hear about it. 

5 comments:

  1. I agree, Sharon, a denim pencil skirt is a real basic in my closet too. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is a classic. I like to wear denim with chambray for a semi monocromatic look. White linen is nice. These look great on you. xoJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I like the monochromatic look too. At 5'1 the less chopped up my clothing is the better.

      Delete
  3. Pretty cute! Nice to dig in the closet and make old friends look fresh and relevant again! Great job. I'm sort of off denim these days (except for skinnies and straight leg jeans ... can't live in the US without those!) as it's just the uniform here in my very, very rural world. There is a segment of the female population here that wear ankle length, straight and simultaneously baggy denim skirts. I'll never get old enough to wear those.
    All that said ... you're looking very spiffy and just a little edgy with the little front slit. Excellent and SouthWest Stylish! A reminder that there's denim, and then there's DENIM!
    Lovely blog ... so happy to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the straight skinny jeans too, especially if they have a bit of stretch in them. A little too warm right now. Thanks for visiting and I will be over your way now.

    ReplyDelete