Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Top 5 Reasons This Counts as Re-Purposing?!?!


Recently I visited Hob Nobber's blog http://hobnobbers-sandy.blogspot.com and her post that day was about re-purposing. She had lots of great ideas like using an old gum display as a catch all in the nursery. She described some pretty cute and innovative projects. I commented that I hadn't re-purposes anything, but guess what...I was wrong.  Well at least I'm gonna call it such and here's my top reasons why.

1, It did not end up in the land fill.
2, I didn't spend any addition money by purchasing one new.
3, It's original use was to house peperoncinies.
4, I did have to do something to change it's appearance
         (I removed the label and discarded the lid).

5, It now sits in my cupboard with 5 others and we drink from them.



Here's my tip for removing labels.

1, wrap the label with a paper towel soaked in white vinegar
2, leave it for an hour
3, peel label off and use a mild dish scraper if needed.


Oh and I just walked into my closet and I saw another item that could be said that I re-purposed. Again, it's a bit of a stretch but here goes. It's a bulletin board changed into a jewelry holder. I used to have my necklaces hanging on a cute holder but then my 2 year old grandson came to live with me, (along with his Mom and Dad) and I just knew that those dangling sparkles would be too much to resist so I devised a plan to get them up out of reach. It worked too.



Maybe my next re-purposing will be more creative, maybe I'll take an old crate and change it into a spice rack.

How about you? You may have re-purposed an item and like me didn't even realize it. If so I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment