Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sugar and Gluten Free and still YUMMY


Like most busy boys, my grandson loves to eat and he loves to help out with whatever you're doing.  Since this grandma tries to eat healthy I want nothing less for Mason too.  So many of the available snacks for these young ones are laced with preservatives and loaded with sugars like the ever available high fructose corn syrup, I love it when I find easy tasty snacks to make at home.  Today we made banana nut muffins and the sweetener comes from very ripe bananas.  Mason had fun mashing, mixing and spooning, well and tasting too.






Recipe found on the internet at this link. Or you can check it out below.

Paleo Banano Nut Muffins

(A)
2 wipe mashed bananas
2 eggs
1/4 C almond butter
1T coconut oil,  melted
1/2 t vanilla

(B)
1/4 C coconut flour
1t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
dash salt

mix A using a hand blender
add in B blend well
add nut if you wish

Pour into 6 lined muffin cups and bake in pre-heated oven 20-25 minutes








2 comments:

  1. Your grandson is so cute, and he is obviously having fun, Sharon. I'll have to try this recipe. I love banana nut bread and muffins. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so cute. I have to try that recipe. My Daughter has gone gluten free.

    ReplyDelete