According to the EPA ( Environment Protection Agency) http://www.epa.gov,
- 86% of our homes have high levels of particles like dust, pollen and viruses
- 71% of our homes where filled with odors and potentially harmful chemicals and gases
So here is a simple and inexpensive tip to help clean up our inside air. Any guesses?
It's so easy sometimes we just forget to do it.
January's tip for 'healthy home, healthy you'
Replace Your Air Filters
They should really be replaced every 3 months.
Doing this will
- aide in the reduction of airborne allergens, dust, pet dander and other pollutants
- keeps the furnace cleaner thus reducing the need for costly and unplanned repairs
- keeps your furnace running more efficiently and can save you 5-15% on your energy costs. Dirty filters simply require your furnace to work harder and that adds up to additional utility cost.
There are many different types of filter to choose from. Look for disposable filters like Hepa or Electrostatic, these can filter out up to 95% of particles that trigger allergies and asthma.
So this month, change those filter, your body will thank you.