Saturday, February 7, 2015

If Mold, Fungus and Bugs won't eat it, maybe we shouldn't!

Okay I guess I just can't get off of this McDonald's thing. Actually you can thank CatieAn (check out here blog here) for leaving the following comment.

'I had a neighbor college student who did research on macdonald's fries and shakes and the fries were still NOT moldy or otherwise altered after 30 days.The milkshake poured on an old car removed the paint when wiped off after sitting in the sun for 45 minutes. SO glad I never eat there and now that I know there are 19 ingredients no wonder they don't break down'

So that got my curiosity up and I did a bit of google research and found this interesting story about a man who kept a McDonald's hamburger for 14 years.





And that's not the only one I found. People all over are holding their own lab experiments. Some for a month, some for 4 months and some for years. 

I like Dr Jim Sears comment 

'If mold won't eat it, if the fungus won't eat it, if the bugs won't eat it, 
Maybe we shouldn't be eating it.'

8 comments:

  1. ....and then there was the article I read a few weeks ago about the chemicals they washed their meat in. No McD's for me. Thanks for sharing your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...I am officially turned off forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had McDonald's for years...Thank Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, thanks for sharing, and warm greetings from a baby boomer in Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, thanks for sharing, and warm greetings from a baby boomer in Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! That's just weird, creepy, scary! I already don't eat there but I'll be sure now that I NEVER do! I'd heard about the food lasting forever but hearing about the milkshake taking off paint?! Eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We stopped eating at McDonalds and Burger King a few years ago. I fry my French fries in an old cast iron skillet just like my mom used to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya, and they are so much better tasting too!
    Thanks for visiting and following.

    ReplyDelete