Friday, June 5, 2015

What….National Donut Day!!!


Seeings that I'm very patriotic and an observer of all our Nation's Holidays, I felt obligated to participate today in
 'National Donut Day'! 


There you have it. My already half eaten cream stuffed maple bar. It was delicious and I enjoyed every bite. 

My first thought was this is just another marketing ploy to increase donut sales but…according to one source National Donut Day was established in 1938 by the Chicago Salvation Army to honor the women who served donuts to our soldiers in World War 1. So good, I feel much better eating my maple bar now that I think it's honoring worthy women. 

How about you, did you cave in and enjoy a sugar laced treat today? If so just leave a note with your favorite donut choice. 

Probably not something we should celebrate more then once or twice a year though. 

To your health, 
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Never had a cream stuffed maple bar but I must seek one out. I love maple anything. I had to laugh at your reasoning for enjoying it, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything maple or caramel maybe even more then chocolate. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete