Tuesday, June 28, 2016

It pays to be a Baby Boomer…Literally


I guess I'm a bit late coming to the party.  As a Baby Boomer, I'm just now resigning myself to discovering some of the perks on being a 'senior'.  Like I always request the discounted price at the movie theatre, I shop Ross on Tuesdays, order off the Senior menus and I'm quick to inform the clerk at the hotel that I'm an AARP member. But on a recent trip to several National Parks I discovered the …



Yes the SENIOR PASS! 

A one time fee of $10.00 ( if you're 62+) gets you a free lifetime pass into over 2000 Federal recreation sites across the nation including National Parks, National Wildlife Refuges and National Forest Lands. I discovered this perk quite by accident while visiting with fellow travels. Once enlightened we returned to Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park ( we were still close by) to get a full refund. A savings of $50.00. Then we made out way to Bryce Canyon National Park, all we had to do was flash the Senior Pass and we went right on in, ( a $30.00 savings there).

If you haven't reached that golden age of 62 then the Parks offer an annual pass for $80.00. Still a good deal if you're planning on visiting any National Parks or Forest Lands. In my home town of Prescott AZ these passes are honored at several sites including Granite Basin, Prescott National Forest and Lynx Lake.






Arches National Park









Canyonlands National Park



Bryce Canyon 
Nation Park
A very scenic hike and a bit of a climb back up!
Visiting our National Parks is just another way of staying
 'fit and healthy'

Have you taken advantage of our park passes? If so I'd love to hear about your travels.



2 comments:

  1. Always nice to find you qualify for discounts. To visit some National Parks in US is in my list of trips to do, but maybe I will not wait until I'm a senior ;)
    I enjoyed the pictures in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's such a great deal...$10! I love our National Parks!

    ReplyDelete